After I finished the big jousting tapestry my fingers still seemed a bit itchy, so I stitched up a small vertical piece designed to be hung between windows.
This Tudor pattern comes from Sandra Whitehead's book Celtic, medieval and Tudor wallhangings in 1/12 scale needlepoint. I worked it over three and a half days, which made a pleasant change from working on something that took 2 and a half months :) I changed a few colours and stitched it on 26 count linen with two strands of cotton floss.
Here's Whitehead's version:
It now has a home between the two windows on the main floor of the tower:
A Long Way From Complete.... - Eclipse..... It has been very hard to ignore, Dear Readers, that on This side of the Atlantic we have been presented with a Solar Eclipse that was a Tot...
1 day ago