Friday, June 18, 2010

Such lovely gifts from Ewa and Susanne!

Yesterday brought two very special packages in the post.

Susanne from Past Mastery sent me the prize I won in her contest -- a miniature dummy board!


 Isn't he gorgeous?  He's "Gentleman with cane", painted by Sue after a full-sized dummy board dated about 1690, and he's PERFECT for my next big project, the William and Mary house!  Thank you, thank you, Sue -- he's just amazing!

(If you don't know Sue's blog, please check it out, especially if you're interested in the period between 1600 and 1800.  Or if you like art :) Or great stories!)

And I got a package full of gifts from Ewa in Poland, aka The Old Maid, who writes one of my favourite blogs, The Sunny Hours.

First were these two beauties -- without a doubt the most gorgeous blue and white china in my small but growing collection!  Look at how perfect they are!


And she sent me a package full of WW II era British memorabilia.  Dearest Ewa, these are amazing!  Among the goodies there's a book for recognizing aircraft, and there are two actual decks of real tiny cards -- one with world leaders at the time of the war, and one of British bombers!  I have to tell you why this is so perfect.  The bomber cards are ideal, because a month ago I found a tiny model of a Bristol Blenheim for the pub and had already decided that the landlord would be an ex-WW II bomber pilot!  Thank you so much for your kindness and thoughtfulness!


Now I'd better get to work on my own gifts for Caterina's Holiday Swap :)

5 comments:

  1. Nina,

    The dummy board is just fantastic! What a great thing to have for your William & Mary house. Sue is a wonderful artist. I will have to spend some time in her blog!
    The Old Maid sent you such wonderful mini's!!! I just love blue and white china. The WW 11 memorabilia is wonderful too!
    I made sterling silver baby spoons with the British Hurricane for a handle. It is back a few pages on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dummy board! It is just perfectly painted!
    Glad you like the minis and that they came safely to you :) Can't wait to see this pub!:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catherine -- Isn't the dummy board beautiful? Sue is so talented. I must go and check out your spoons, they sound fantastic! What a great idea :)

    Ewa -- I do love the things you sent me so much. I can't wait to get started on the pub, myself, although I think it's going to have to wait until I get the W&M house sorted :) Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and unusual things. I really like the memorabilia :-)
    Good job for swap (I'm on track ...) :-)
    Mini hugs, Flora

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails