After a busy few days, here's what the WAMH looks like this morning:
It looks so much more like a house now :)
First of all, I built the front of the kitchen roof, with a backing
plate all around the opening which will support the removable panel that
will include the dormer.
And here is the massive hipped roof that David and I built out of 1/8" plywood combined with trigonometric calculations and profuse bad language:
After all that, it's still not perfect, but it's not glued down yet, and anything still wrong with it I can disguise in the finishing :)
And here's one of the chimneys that fit into the hip of the roof: made from a nominal 2 x 4 and cut at the angle of the hip, the long piece becomes the chimney and the short piece becomes the chimney breast inside.
I also think it's going to be really beautiful, if I don't screw up the outside!
David and I are off to Halifax for a double theatrical bill of two plays by Christopher Marlowe -- so I'll talk to you later!
Day 10 - Advent Project - It is late, and I am tired. Today, I finished the floor, cut and did the base coat for the hearth, stuccoed the fireplace wall, and put beeswax on the wo...
6 hours ago