Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Little transferware plates by A Lavender Dilly and my first original mini crewelwork!



I just received some wonderful little blue and white plates from Australian artisan Carrie Lavender, who sells through her shop A Lavender Dilly on Etsy.  Aren't they sweet?    Check out her blog


I also finished my first original miniature crewel piece, and I think I may be addicted.  This stuff is fun!  I look forward to getting much, much better both at my stitching and my design :)






8 comments:

  1. Hi Nina, you are always one step ahead :-)
    I love Carrie's work, although I have not bought anything yet (I'm collecting ideas ...).
    I take this opportunity to send an affectionate greeting: Lately I'm very busy in 1/1 life and I dont always have time to write comments, but I have always always fascinated by your work, which I follow with great passion.
    A big (mini) hug, Flora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's a very nice miniature crewel piece !!
    Keep on going with it.
    Dutch hugs
    Dorien.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Nina,
    The crewl is a very good first attempt! Very well done.
    The dishes are beautiful.
    All the best,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  4. The crewel work is lovely - well done with your first design and the plates are really nice too. Thanks for the link to LD's etsy shop, she has some lovely plates there - I never seem to find all these great things on etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the plates, they are wonderful!!! And your first design looks great, I just ordered a book on crewel that includes teaching design, http://www.themadsamplar.com/product.php?id=6234

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nina, I love your crewel design. I happy you are hooked on it. There is no limit to it, true?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails