Thursday, May 10, 2012

Our day in York -- Miniature Scene, Black Swan, Lion at Blakey

Had a wonderful time on Tuesday in York.  We drove down to Pickering and then across to York, arriving around 11 am.  We went first to The Miniature Scene and I bought lots of little things for my projects.  Here are some of my photos from the shop:

Love these signs -- may get them to make one for my pub!


Pub accessories!


Lovely Diamond Jubilee party!


Then we walked through the Shambles, by the Minster and to Monk Bar Model shop where we bought a kit to make a 1:12 scale 1930 Bentley, which David is going to make and we're going to park outside the pub :)

Then we made our way back to the Black Swan for a few pints.


 
We drove up to Kirkbymoorside, passing through the large grounds of Castle Howard.  We crossed the moors on the beautiful road which runs between Hutton-le-Hole and Castleton, stopping at The Lion at Blakey Ridge for a pint and the papers.


It was such a beautiful, sunny day and we had an amazing time!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having lots of fun, enjoy the rest of the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds more like a pub crawl to me!!

    So pleased to hear you're having a great time and picking up lots of inspiration for your forthcoming pub. I could do with a trip to the Miniature Scene myself - lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails